Friday 11 November 2016

Looking at Practice in a HEALing Fashion.


Practice makes....
Quilt Made and Photographed by Neva Bruce

             Question what is a craft.? Does crafting constitute a practice?. If so, does serial crafting constitute a practice? Learning to sew, bake, hook rugs, macrame, embroider,  knit, cook, and draw. Classes for  mosaic tile work, handmade paper, Japanese photo album making. Picking up the art of being a florist, quilting, photography, card making, nail design, pottery, and painting. Seems to be a life's work of practice. Realizing that these experiences supported my learning, my sanity and my survival. I never could manage crocheting, and basket weaving is still on the to do list.

Teddy Bear Sunflowers - photo by Neva Bruce
Handmade Poppies Card - Photo by Neva Bruce
Remembrance day - a time to remember and time to reflect. Take the time today. Breathe.
That is my goal for tomorrow morning.










No comments:

Post a Comment